At Perrigo their mission is clear: They seek to provide quality affordable healthcare products. With over $5.5 billion in sales and more than 13,000 people working around the world, Perrigo Company is a leading global healthcare supplier. They develop, manufacture, package and distribute over-the-counter and prescription pharmaceuticals, nutritional products, active pharmaceutical ingredients and consumer products. They are the world’s largest manufacturer of store brand OTC pharmaceutical products and infant formulas. Perrigo’s locations are in the United States, Israel, Mexico, the United Kingdom, India, China, Belgium and Australia with our corporate headquarters located in Ireland.
In 2013 Perrigo completed the acquisition of Élan in what was the largest corporate acquisition in Ireland, $8.6bn. In 2014 Perrigo completed the acquisition of Omega Pharma for $4.5bn. They are a company that is growing organically and inorganically and we have a new position for a Senior Corporate Counsel in support of the company’s global supply chain and procurement operations and initiatives. This role will be based in their Corporate Headquarters in Dublin city centre. The Irish Times “Top 1000 companies report” ranks Perrigo as the third largest pharmaceutical company in Ireland by revenue and the largest pharmaceutical company in Ireland by profit.
The Legal Counsel will provide effective and timely legal support, advice, counsel and risk assessment on the company’s global supply chain and with a particular focus on procurement operations. Primary responsibilities include interactions with all levels of Perrigo management, both in Ireland and internationally, outside counsel and company suppliers regarding commercial agreements and resolving potential disputes. In addition, this position will provide support on various other legal matters, as necessary, with supervision. This role will report to the Senior Legal Counsel based in Dublin.
- Assist or lead on commercial agreements, legal instruments, intercompany agreements and/or transactions within the scope of global supply chain and procurement operations to safeguard the corporation’s interests;
- Provide strategic support/risk assessment on commercial activities;
- Providing legal advice and guidance on commercial matters, including contracting strategies, commercial disputes and the winding down of commercial relationships;
- Manages and supports outside counsel on commercial matters;
- Assist with the integration of core values and key corporate policies into the culture and conscience of the company through daily interactions and specific training initiatives.
- Degree from a law school of recognised standing and Law Society of Ireland or Law Society of Northern Ireland or Law Society of England and Wales practicing certificate. Solicitors working full time for the State and without practicing certificates are invited to apply;
- 3+ years’ post qualified professional legal experience with commercial matters as a solicitor working in-house or law firm environment;
- Experience in pharmaceutical regulation environment or commercial contract transactional experience is also preferred, but not required;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills in English;
- Ability to communicate in other languages (e.g. French, Spanish, etc.) a plus;
- Strong negotiation and communication skills (written and oral).
If you wish to apply for this role please go to: http://jobs.jobvite.com/perrigocareers/job/oWBS6fwf
Please Login if you wish to apply for this vacancy.