The Courts Service has an excellent opportunity to work as Senior Executive Legal Officer to the Chief Justice. The prestigious role will work directly to the Chief Justice and other senior judges nominated by the Chief Justice.
The role of the – Senior Executive Legal Officer is to provide high level legal and administrative support to the Chief Justice and judges of the Supreme Court in the discharge of their international functions and their engagement with international organisations such as with the European Union and Council of Europe as well with European and global judicial networks.
Candidates must, on or before 23 February 2018:
- Hold an honours law degree (Level 8 in the National Framework of Qualifications) with at least a 2.1 and a recognised legal professional qualification (barrister or solicitor).
- Have not less than two years of experience in working in a legal position and in administrative support functions.
- Have an extensive knowledge of Irish law and the Irish legal system including contemporary statute and case law.
- Have knowledge of EU law, the EU institutional framework and legislative process.
- Have an ability to undertake research and produce written work for senior members of the judiciary to a high standard and present such work to the judiciary with credibility.
- Be capable of dealing with senior members of the judiciary in a professional and convincing manner.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills with an ability to develop working relationships and to network at national and international levels.
- Process high level ICT skills required for legal research purposes and be familiar with the use of commercial and open access on line electronic law sources.
Full details of the role and application process can be found in the Information Booklet on www.courts.ie.
Alternatively, you can contact email@example.com, or telephone 01-888 6055 to request same.
Closing date for applications is Friday 23 February 2018 at 16:00.
Please Login if you wish to apply for this vacancy.